Mac OSX comes with git pre-installed. You can find the installation here: /usr/bin.
To check its version, type the following:
$ git --version
To upgrade to the latest version of git, do the following:
- Download and install latest git from http://git-scm.com. This will install it in /usr/local/git folder. Make sure it did that.
- Open terminal and run the following
$ vi ~/.bash_profile
- Go to insert mode (press "i" on your keyboard)
- Paste the following
- If there already stuff in .bash_profile file, just append "/usr/local/git/bin" appropriately. For example, in my case, the android sdk path was already set in it. So it was appended at the end as shown below:
- Save the file.
- Quit terminal
- Reopen terminal
- Type the following:
$ git --version
It should show the version you installed.
Microsoft has made it real simple for developers to get started to develop applications for Windows Phone 7. All you have to do is click on the below two links. Download the software and install it. And that’s it. You are all set to write your first application for the upcoming Windows Phone. Enjoy !
The Windows Phone Developer Tools Beta includes the following
- Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone Beta
- Windows Phone Emulator Beta
- Silverlight for Windows Phone Beta
- Microsoft Expression Blend for Windows Phone Beta
- XNA Game Studio 4.0 Beta
You can download the training kit for offline and easier access. But the same is available online too. The training kit has all the good stuff to get you started.
Those of you interested in Android Operating System and and want to develop applications for the same can find various tutorial links in this post. This post will be updated often with good tutorials to get you started and create great applications for Android.
To begin with, below are few links for developing your very first App.
From Hack a Day:
For all the Flash fans out there, now you can run Flash on a Jailbroken iPad !! It is not that simple to get it on the iPad but it is not that hard either. Click the source link for complete details and steps involved for installing Flash on the iPad.
The steps below provide the instructions to set up the MySQL Query Browser. We assume that user has already setup the database server on his/her machine.
- Download and install MySQL Query Browser
- Execute the Query Browser from the start menu
- Type in the values as shown in the image (note that the connection can also be stored for future use by clicking the browse button and entering the respective values in the options window)
- Press OK
- A connection dialog box pops up
- Press ignore button
- Query Browser opens up
You can now use Query Browser to create New schema or work on the existing schema. If you are already aware of the schema created in your database, the respective value can be inserted in the Default Schema textbox in the window above.
For Example: If you have created a database with the name “testdb”, the value testdb can be entered in the Default Schema option.